Why is EPCIS important?
EPCIS provides a standard interface enabling companies in numerous industries to perform track and trace, diversion detection and product authentication. This offers a lower-cost alternative to multiple, partner-specific interfaces, without a need for customized implementation. Security is a core concept of the EPCIS, as trading partners maintain ownership of their own data, with each partner moving or sharing data on demand. EPCIS maps to existing enterprise applications easily, and trading partners building their own solutions can interoperate with one another's offerings. Benefits include reduced out-of-stocks, improved promotions execution, counterfeiting detection, diversion detection, electronic proof of delivery, product safety and product availability.
Related Industry Knowledge
- What makes such a respected retailer RFID?
- What are the basic working principle ?
- What are the basic components of RFID?
- What is RFID Technology ?
- What is RFID ?
- Our service
- How to make UHF wristband to be 5m read distance
- RFID casino management
- RFID Healthcare Management
- How to Use RFID to Manage yard Workflow?
- What is EPCglobal?
- What is the Auto-ID Center?
- What are the Auto-ID Labs?
- What type of research are the Auto-ID Labs doing?
- Is EPC technology just for use on consumer prod...
- RFID products for kart race timing system
- RFID products for animal management
- UHF reader and UHF card to access control system
- RFID products for conference attendance management
- RFID products for parking system