What information is stored on RFID tags?
The tags most companies are planning to use in the supply chain in the short term and in consumer packaging in the long term will contain only an Electronic Product Code. The EPC will be associated with data in online databases. Some information about the item might be accessible to anyone-such as what the product is-but other information, such as where it was made and when-will be accessible only to those whom the manufacturer wants to make the information available to. So Wal-Mart will not have access to data about products sold by Target and vice versa.
Related Industry Knowledge
- What makes such a respected retailer RFID?
- What are the basic working principle ?
- What are the basic components of RFID?
- What is RFID Technology ?
- What is RFID ?
- Our service
- How to make UHF wristband to be 5m read distance
- RFID casino management
- RFID Healthcare Management
- How to Use RFID to Manage yard Workflow?
- Are there any consumer benefits to RFID? Or do ...
- What's the difference between passive and activ...
- Where will all these PLM files be stored?
- What Is Dense Reader Mode?
- Can RFID tags be sewn into clothing?
- What is reader collision?
- Will RFID replace bar codes?
- What are some of the issues companies should co...
- What are some of the RFID applications implemen...
- Can Student ID Badges Be Read from a Distance o...