What has prevented RFID from taking off until now?
There are well-developed standards for low- and high-frequency RFID systems, and these technologies are widely used. For instance, LF tags are used to track livestock around the world. HF is used in access control systems for buildings, ticketing applications, and automobile immobilizers. UHF is relatively new. The first UHF products didn’t reach the market until 2003, and the first ISO standard was not introduced for UHF until 2005. Another issue with UHF has been performance. Early tags were not always read reliably around water and metal, but the technology has improved greatly over the past few years. And finally, there have not been software solutions that take advantage of RFID data to solve business problems in specific industries. This is also starting to change, with more software solutions being introduced every year.
Related Industry Knowledge
- What makes such a respected retailer RFID?
- What are the basic working principle ?
- What are the basic components of RFID?
- What is RFID Technology ?
- What is RFID ?
- Our service
- How to make UHF wristband to be 5m read distance
- RFID casino management
- RFID Healthcare Management
- How to Use RFID to Manage yard Workflow?
- What information is stored on RFID tags?
- Are there any consumer benefits to RFID? Or do ...
- What's the difference between passive and activ...
- Where will all these PLM files be stored?
- What Is Dense Reader Mode?
- Can RFID tags be sewn into clothing?
- What is reader collision?
- Will RFID replace bar codes?
- What are some of the issues companies should co...
- What are some of the RFID applications implemen...