RFID Assembly line identification
Assembly line identification works most efficiently with Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID). This helps increase the productivity as the use of electro-magnetic fields automates tracking and identification of tags pinned to the product. The pins or tags have information stored automatically. This improves the supplies of chain efficiency, solves error-proofing problems and addresses issues properly.
In an assembly line, each worker of the company is designated with a particular job or task. He or she simply repeats that work and then next set of function is carried out by another man who completes the respective task. This is done in a way that the product is made with its end result. Hence, this is a way to produce products in bulk in a quicker and efficient manner. It is not necessary that all humans do this job. In some parts of the country, robots are also used to do this work.
The usage of RFID is of great help in assembly line identification and sequence parts in the assembly lines. It also keeps track of the finished goods. The attachment of tags in the bodies, chassis, engines and seats will quickly record the completion of the product in the assembly line. RFID technology is most popular with pharmaceutical manufacturers and food industry. But the biggest use of this technology is in the automobile industry like sir Henry Ford used in his. This process quickly locates and identifies parts throughout the assembly line. Cost saving benefits is seen, specifically through dunnage reduction.
Boeing and Airbus are classic developing standards for using the RFID equipment in their assembly line process. Airbus 380, in fact, boasts the use of 10,000 parts that are equipped with the smart wireless tags.
Related Industry Knowledge
- What makes such a respected retailer RFID?
- What are the basic working principle ?
- What are the basic components of RFID?
- What is RFID Technology ?
- What is RFID ?
- Our service
- How to make UHF wristband to be 5m read distance
- RFID casino management
- RFID Healthcare Management
- How to Use RFID to Manage yard Workflow?
- RFID loyalty management
- Manufacturing line automation solution
- What is automatic identification?
- What have the initial benefits of RFID technolo...
- How does an RFID system work?
- Will RFID enable companies to keep track of wha...
- What is the difference between low-, high-, and...
- In what ways are companies using RFID today?
- Is RFID better than using bar codes?
- What is the EPCIS standard?