How can RFID improve worker safety?
RFID has the potential to improve worker safety by ensuring that only qualified people operate equipment or enter hazardous areas of a facility. Machinery can be set up so it will not operate if someone without training identifies themselves to a reader tied into to the equipment's ignition. An RFID access control system can set up to require workers to wave a badge to gain entry to areas of a facility. Software on the back end can then be used to prevent workers without authorization from entering certain areas, including those that could be dangerous. BP has also experimented with using employee badges with embedded RFID transponders to locate workers within a facility in the event of an emergency. All of these systems can help prevent injuries to workers on the job.
Related Industry Knowledge
- What makes such a respected retailer RFID?
- What are the basic working principle ?
- What are the basic components of RFID?
- What is RFID Technology ?
- What is RFID ?
- Our service
- How to make UHF wristband to be 5m read distance
- RFID casino management
- RFID Healthcare Management
- How to Use RFID to Manage yard Workflow?
- Are there any standards for RFID?
- How can RFID improve promotional and marketing ...
- What have the initial benefits of RFID technolo...
- What has prevented RFID from taking off until now?
- What information is stored on RFID tags?
- Are there any consumer benefits to RFID? Or do ...
- What's the difference between passive and activ...
- Where will all these PLM files be stored?
- What Is Dense Reader Mode?
- Can RFID tags be sewn into clothing?