Are there any health risks associated with RFID and radio waves?
Some have questioned whether electromagnetic fields (EMF) generated by power lines, mobile phones, WLANs, RFID readers and other wireless devices may be harmful to human health. The World Health Organization's research, as well as many other scientific studies, have shown that EMF exposure below the limits recommended in internationally adopted guidelines has not revealed any known negative health effects. To ensure a uniform benchmark for compliance, EPCglobal recommends adhering to the human exposure limits for EMF as developed by the International Consortium on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP) and recommended by the WHO.
Related Industry Knowledge
- What makes such a respected retailer RFID?
- What are the basic working principle ?
- What are the basic components of RFID?
- What is RFID Technology ?
- What is RFID ?
- Our service
- How to make UHF wristband to be 5m read distance
- RFID casino management
- RFID Healthcare Management
- How to Use RFID to Manage yard Workflow?
- From how far away can a typical RFID tag be read?
- Who are the leading RFID reader vendors?
- What are some of the RFID applications implemen...
- How to Attach UHF RFID Tags
- What is ISO 18000-6?
- What is the difference between EPCglobal and EP...
- If RFID has been around so long and is so great...
- Why is EPCIS important?
- What is EPCglobal?
- What is the Auto-ID Center?